Wobble Board FAQ and User Guide
How do you play with wobble boards?
In a child's hands, a Bunny Hopkins™ Wobble Board can become anything. The open-ended design of the Wobble Board encourages children to play with their endless imagination and creative freedom and gives the adult insight into children’s thinking. This type of play allows children to have no fear of doing it wrong, since there is no correct method or outcome. It is all about free and fun play. Some examples of creative possibilities are –
- a fun balance board
- a super slide
- a magical rainbow
- a fearless pirate ship
- a king’s throne
- a cradle for favorite doll
- a racing car ramp
- a medieval bridge
- an impenetrable fort
- a secret tunnel with trolls underneath
- a shelter for farm animals
- a leisurely river boat
- and many more!
This Wobble Board increases core strength, improves reflexes and promotes gross motor skills, which is of great importance for general child development and learning. It supports the muscles responsible for correct posture and develops sense of balance.
Check out our Instagram feed @bunnyhopkinstoys to see creative little ones having fun with our wobble boards.
Why does each board look different?
Each Wobble Board is finished by hand at Bunny Hopkins™ Atlanta workshop. And since every wood is different, each Wobble Board will be unique based on how the wood grain manifests itself on the wood stain and finish. In other words, your Wobble Board will be the one and only in the world! And that’s by design!
Are these safe for children?
Yes, they are safe for children and are recommended for children 18 months and above. The wood we use is natural. All wood stains and coatings have been tested and are non-toxic, water based and do not contain heavy metals.
Our products meet or exceed the CPSIA (Consumer Protection Safety Improvement Act), standards set by the CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission and ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) requirements. To keep everyone honest, we third-party test all our products.
What is the age and weight limit?
Our Wobble Boards are ideal for children aged 18 months and up. We have made it durable enough so that children can grow with it. Please look at our Instagram feed @bunnyhopkinstoys (reposts from our customers) to see children having fun and creatively playing with our products.
The weight limit on the Starter sized wobble boards is 350 lbs and the Regular sized wobble boards is 450 lbs.
What is - and isn’t - a defect?
If you look closely at your wobble board, you will see wood grain which shows the unique nature of wood. These boards provide you with a wonderful way to talk with children about nature and the beauty of individual differences.
Grain and streaks make your wobble board truly one-of-a-kind. Unlike plastic toys, no two Wobble Boards will ever be identical.
Also, since the staining and finishing process is done by a human and not a machine, you would see personal touches and minor bleeding in the Rainbow and Diversity Wobble boards, which is normal and not a defect.
However, if your wobble board is cracked or damaged within a year of your purchase, please let us know. We will assess and replace it. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do we care for Wobble Boards?
Our Wobble Boards do not need any special maintenance. As it goes with any wooden toy, we recommend taking good care of your toys. Please put them away when children are not playing with them. Keep them out of a child’s mouth, away from your pets and away from food or other materials which can soil / dirty the wobble board. Clean them only when necessary. It is advised to clean with a damp cloth, combined with a mild detergent if necessary. It’s important to wipe it with a dry cloth after cleaning. Just apply some natural beeswax every couple of years to make them look good.
If you get a slight nick or dent, just sand it down lightly with 220 grit sandpaper/block and finish it with beeswax. These wobble boards durable enough to last several years.
Can we use a wobble board on the floor?
Please do not use this Wobble Board directly on the hardwood floor and tile floor to avoid the risk of slipping. Using hardwood may cause scratches on the hand-made finish. The product is intended to be used on carpet or rug to enhance the friction between the wobble board and the ground.
Why don’t you have felt bottom wobble boards?
Our wobble boards do not have a felt option as we believe it reduces the degree of open-endedness of this amazing toy, especially when being used as a slide / bridge / car ramp and similar other creative play scenarios. Call us purists in this matter but that is a conscious design choice we have made.
What are the different sizes and variations?
We offer 2 sizes –
- Regular size- Introduces children to the amazing world of open-ended play and develops critical gross motor skills such as balancing. Measures 36 inches curved length, 32 inches end to end straight length, 12 inches wide, 7 inches tall and supports 450 lbs.
- Starter size- Ideal for toddlers. We have specially designed the arch / curve height for toddler safety to be 3 inches tall, the perfect height to keep it inviting and exciting for young creative explorers. Measures 23 inches end to end straight length, 12 inches wide, 3 inches tall and supports 350 lbs.
We offer 6 variations for both sizes (Regular and Starter) -
1. 🌈 Rainbow 🌈 - Best Seller. A vibrant colorful addition to your children play area to spark creativity and fun! 100% hand made finish!
2. 🖤🤍 Diversity 💛🤎 - Celebrates diversity. We have hand crafted this with color hues reflecting prominent human racial skin tones, showing that all all skin colors are beautiful when together.
3. Honey Maple - Best Seller. Most Favorite among "just natural shade" enthusiasts. A warm honey hued wood stain which makes the wood grain nicely visible while being a natural birch wood finish. A great addition to your kids play area!
4. Red Oak - This is the darkest shade of Red Oak wood stain which beautifully makes the underlying wood grain vividly prominent. If you like darker wood grain, this is your best choice!
5. Pickled Oak - The lightest wood stain with least prominent wood grain.
6. Unfinished - Just the wobble board sanded and polished, with no wood stains and finishing. Get creative and finish it the way you like! One disclaimer on the unfinished option - Children play in many creative ways with wobble boards and without a protective coating, it will tend to get dirty. So, choose this option only if you intend to finish it yourself; else we suggest to choose from any of the above wood stained variations.
Our Wobble Boards are made of natural birch wood and finished with children-safe non-toxic water-based wood stains.
Warnings: Adult Supervision is recommended for use by children under the age of 6 years to prevent children from pinching fingers and toes underneath the board and to reduce the risks of falling off the Wobble Board.